Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Inspirational Videos




This week I had the pleasure of going to a new employee orientation for my job.   A 2 day journey into corporate based health care.  Fun for all ages!

Seriously though, I don't mind sitting through most of this stuff.  From time to time something funny, like a trainer playing New York New York on a saxaphone (for real)  or someone arriving late after a break and having to do the chicken dance (also real).

Here's  what earns a slap- the use of the "Inspirational Video".   Really people?  You spend all this money producing videos that my 5 year old could make in mere seconds with her Fisher Price  camera.   Begin the cheesy musak in the background.  A photographer who gets paid tons of money to travel and shoot beautiful nature scenes is telling me how to bring creativity into my every day job.   Listen Mr. Geographic, I am all about creativity, and even can muster being excited for work every now and then, but there is no way  your job compares with my cubicle in a brown brick hospital building.   Do me, and everyone else a favor, save the money on the video, find us someone who actually WORKS where we do and have them come in for 10 minutes and inspire us. 

Thanks so much.  SLAPPING YOU.


1 comment:

~ jennifer said...

ha! that's funny right there :)

Post a Comment

 
;