Friday, March 2, 2012

Flying the not-so-friendly skies


Airlines.  They are truly pure evil. 

I'm not a big flier, I get on a plane maybe once a year.   But yesterday I had the "pleasure" of flying one of the nation's biggest airlines (rhymes with slighted) from Orlando to Philly.  There was an issue with a delay on a previous flight which was delayed 5 hours, which caused my flight to be delayed almost 4 hours. 

 Listen, I'm a reasonable human being, I understand that flight delays are inevitable.  But, what made me mad enough to slap 'em was the attitude from customer service. After hour 2, I very calmly approached the "service" desk to ask the status of the flight  (or maybe quieter places to sit with my overtired 5 year old), I was blatantly ignored by not one, not two, but three attendants, who seemed to be more concerned about their coffee break than my existence. This went on & on for some time until I walked away from the podium, then sat down next to my husband and loudly said "Maybe I  should call the main office if no one will help me here".  Suddenly, it's like a switch goes off in their collective brains and they actually start trying to help customers and its all sunshine smiles and rainbows.

If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure our tax dollars went to bailing these suckers out back in 2001.  And, I'm damn sure I personally forked over $630 for tickets and $50 for luggage fees on this trip alone.  So, maybe a little less sighing and a little  more smiling from the start could have made this a lot more tolerable and save them from the

SLAP.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;